Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Which BigBearMIA is sexier the Bear or the Chub?

Ahh… the New Year is finally here. It seems to always make all of us want a new start or to commit to some New Year’s Resolution even if it’s for a few weeks, days or in some cases hours. Stop smoking, save money, and the ever popular lose weight. The later is the one which has been intriguing me for a few weeks now. About 8 years ago, I was the thinnest I had been since the age of eight. I was always a big boy and when I hit puberty at about 10 years old I quickly became a BigBear without even knowing it.

Fast forward through a decade & a half of yo-yoing my weight and I finally found the formula that worked right for me. I kept the weight off for about 3 years and actually continued to lose more albeit at a much slower pace. I was very proud of my weight lose. BUT in no way was I happy with my new body. It was turning into a flabby hanging of skin which I couldn’t fix no matter how much I hit the gym. My physician finally told me that the only way to take care of it was by the expensive Excess Skin Removal Surgery done after extreme weight loss. Soon I was so depressed and disappointed with all my efforts going to waste that I began to take less care of myself. Eventually I gained it all back and once again was not happy with myself.

This year I’ve been struggling with the idea of going for it again. Working on losing the weight but since being exposed more to the Chub community in the last few years I’ve been discouraged to do so by a few people. I’m not happy with my current weight and know I have to lose some of it for myself. But I question whether I should go back to my thin weight, even if it means having the excess skin which makes me so unhappy? Should I do it just for the sake of doing it?

Well I want to know what you guys think about his. To help me quantify this I’ve opened the first monthly poll to get your feedback on this topic. At the moment it will be up for a month which may be changed to a quarterly poll depending on the traffic I get on here. When you are this close to the subject it is hard to make an un-bias opinion.

Please vote on the poll and leave as many comments regarding this topic as you like.

UPDATE 2011: I decided to remove this poll from the side menu because it was not really being productive for me any longer. After quite some time up the votes were split even 50/50. Just for reference below are the two images that I had posted. Thanks to everyone that voted.

BEAR BigBearMIA

CHUB BigBearMIA
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i hope you have found a middle ground...one which makes you happy all around. (personally, i voted for chub bigbearmia myself. ;-) )