Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Baby It’s Warm Outside…But I’m Wishing For It To Be Cold

For the last few weeks I’ve been rethinking why I wanted to move to NYC so badly. Granted I love the cold weather and snow too. But the levels and excess of winter the last few years have been has made me rethink this possibility. This may be the third largest Blizzard in recorded history but it’s been a reality check for me. Maybe what I really want is to be able to live in NYC for 6 months a year and the rest down here in Florida. Yes a snow bird at 36 years old. To be stuck in a freezing NYC apartment with no power after an ice storm would be more torturous than a oven like FL apartment with no power after a hurricane.

I guess there are advantages to both scenarios, but there is this longing in me to live the NYC experience. The ultimate Urban Oasis which I’ve longed for since I was a child. There just needs to be some kind of balancing of what parts I want to live through. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do? Do I just go for it and dive head first into the snowy days of NYC Living? Should I just be grateful for what I have here in MIA?

No comments: