Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Sally Field: An Ally For Equality


"You've changed and are changing the lives of little boys and girls who realized somewhere along the way they're just different from their other brothers and sisters. And so the fuck what?" - Sally Field

I’ve loved Sally Field since the say I was a kid and watched reruns of the Gidget & The Flying Nun in Spanish with my mother. No bitches these were both long done before I was even born. But these campy as can be characters made me happy. Fast forward to Fall 2006 when Brothers & Sisters began and there she is once again stealing my heart. I guess the fact that I should have been watching her this past Sunday and wasn’t has made me nostalgic for her.

Over the weekend her 24yo gay son, Samuel Greisman, (such a cutie) presented her with the Human Rights Campaign Straight Ally of Equality Award at the HRC's 16th Annual National Dinner. It was a very spirit speech by both and wanted to share it with you all.

Enjoy!


Sally Field in her younger years.
Sally Field as Gidget
Sally Field as The Flying Nun
Sally Field as Nora Walker on Brothers & Sisters

No comments: