Saturday, January 15, 2011

Design In The City: The Wary Meyers Way

The most important element for me in decorating these days is to get style while being conscious (or green) in the choices you make. Getting a new piece does not always have to mean acquiring something of “NEW” manufacturing. In fact, some of the best choices are those that give NEW life to great pieces (or even places). This ideology is embodied by The Wary Meyers (John & Linda Meyers) and everything on which they work. You’ve heard of the “Power Couple” this is a POWERFUL Creativity Couple.
They have a great book called, “Wary Meyers' Tossed & Found: Unconventional Design from Cast-offs” which is how I was first introduced to this husband & wife team that shares many of my visions of great design. There are numerous projects they have worked on featured in the book. Things they have literally found tossed on the street and they have turned it into something cool and useful again with some creative reimagining. Their visions have inspired me to search out my own reimaginings of my own pieces of which I’ve grown tired of, helping me to find the NEW life still within them.

Here are some of my favorite redesign projects from this creative duo, as well as some interiors they designed:

No comments: