Friday, January 21, 2011

In The City Reviews: Muscle Maker Grill, Miami, FL

For some time now I’ve been trying to be more conscious of what I eat and have been looking for more nutritious alternatives to fatty fast food that did not come from a frozen package. I like to cook but the truth is that with my crazy work schedule it’s not something I look forward to doing. Let alone to do it for enough meals in the day. Still I know that fresh cooked food is certainly the best way to get a good meal that is balanced and healthy.

One day I get my hands on a menu for a new place in the area, Muscle Maker Grill (MMG) that delivers to my office. “Great Food With Your Health In Mind,” it says right on the front under their logo. So I start to look through it, and everything sounds healthy but does it taste good? And at those prices how large or filling are their portions? “Portions are enough for two servings,” says the menu, but are they really talking about 2 servings for a BigBear? The answer is pretty much yes.

I’ve been ordering from them for some time and have tried many of their great tasting meals. Today a coworker, whom I gave a MMG gift card, and I decided to order from MMG for lunch. I had one of my top favorites which is their Turkey Chili (lean ground turkey, red beans, reduced fat cheddar cheese, salsa and fat free sour cream over brown rice). My friend had the Godfather (grilled chicken breast, portabella mushrooms, red roasted peppers, reduced fat mozzarella cheese, and fat free balsamic vinaigrette). Sure enough both neither one of us could finish the meal. He had his reservations about this place and how healthy it would be. My friend is extremely disciplined about his meals and actually cooks all his meals and brings them in to work.

BEAR-ssential: I have not finished ordering everything from there menu but happily working my way through it because it’s all been so good. If you want a healthy alternative to your usual fast food run this is a great place. If you are luck enough to be within their delivery area then just order because they are pretty fast even at the peak of lunch hours.

No comments: