Saturday, January 22, 2011

Out With The Old, Make Room For The New

So today has been a long day of purging. For some time now I’ve been meticulously trying to rid myself of “the old” that clutters my life. From that comfy shirt that’s really seen its last wash but I keep wearing it anyway because I love how it feels. To that dreaded whatnots that have been collecting dust around my apartment or tucked in boxes because they are “keepsake from my (fill in family/friend name)’s (place big important date in their lives)” and I shouldn’t get rid of it. Funny part is I more likely have pictures of it anyways to remind me of it anyways. Then there are those things that for whatever reason actually have sentimental value and I really don’t want to let go of. These are the worst because now I have emotionally invested myself in an object that will be hard for me to give up.

The good news I have been getting rid of a large amount of items each weekend and this is no different. On Monday there will be a big drop off at the Goodwill on the way to work. I had been thinking about buying some more hangers because I was running out but now I’m actually able to see the back of my closet wall. And I have a bunch of room in there. I can’t wait to get there the rest of the stuff there tomorrow.

Off to bed now tomorrow is another day.

No comments: