Friday, January 07, 2011

Move It or Lose It

For some time I’ve been working on loosing weight. This is not a new battle but a life long battle that for most of my life I have lost (not the good kind). The start of the year always brings out the secret dieters and the super dieter out from the wood works. It’s as if everyone around me is trying to come up with the magic formula to lose the bulge "this year." Many start exercising overfilling gyms that had been ghost towns the month prior. They start to buy frozen foods or bringing in their own lunch to work and the office fridge has a bulge of its own. Every year this fad starts hard and slowly it starts to fade away sometimes as early as that first Friday.

But knowing that I’m not alone in this battle does not help at all; knowing that for some people a chubby bear is a sexy thing does give me some solace. So this year I’m going to work on eating healthier and be more active. I don’t want to make myself insane or depressed because I didn’t loose 10 lbs this week; or because I decided to have a second serving. Or if I skip the day at the gym or don’t go for my scheduled walk in the morning because I decided to sleep in. Sometime sleeping in is much more necessary.

Therefore I’ve decided to get my fingers moving and get all my profiles updated. Seems I have quite a few profiles out there but for the last year I’ve neglected them. Some I have not logged in or updated since 2009, just like this blog sat dormant so has many other aspects of my life. This weekend I’ll be updating many things in these profiles. And many of you are coming this way because you saw my profile first. Maybe you can give me some feedback as to what is and isn’t working on the profile.

I’d like you guys to feel free to comment as much as you want on these entries. Be honest and remember that you are allowed to leave Anonymous comments if you don’t want to reveal yourself. But also feel free to use your handle from you profile so I can know who you are too. There is plenty of chance for interaction via this blog and I truly welcome it. This interaction is what will keep me going through out the year. Remember that I still have 358 entries to go and as time passes I expect it to get easier but it will also feel longer without some feed back.

No comments: