Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ear Candy In The City: Introduction

If you know me you know that I’m a music junkie. My music collection since I was a kid looks more like the inventory list of a music store, just less organized into categories, more sorted by what is driving my spirits at the moment. As eclectic as I am, that can be from a Dvorak Symphony No. 9 in E Minor and Disney’s Fantasia to good old country from Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton to Garth Brooks & George Straight to New Country Taylor Swift, Carrie UnderwoodKenny Chesney & Tim McGraw. I know a Country Loving Cuban sounds like some oxymoron. These are just extreme examples of which most people complain and/or exclude from their collections for whatever reason. Of course there is all that fits in between Rock, Pop, Dance, New Age, Spanish Rock, Spanish Pop, Eurotrash Glam, Freestyle, Salsa, Meringue, Cumbia, the list goes on and on and on and on.

On occasion I come across something worth sharing and “Ear Candy In The City” will feature these new jams that are fulfilling my ear’s sweet tooth. I will bring you some featured new releases I’m just craving to share with you. If you like hearing about new tracks then this might be something you will enjoy. Here is some more “Ear Candy” for your enjoyment!

As a gay man of course there is a soft spot for JLo (Jennifer Lopez) but as a gay man from MIA there is a someone that I like even more HOTTIE “Mr. 305” himself Pitbull. Today Perez Hilton posted the new track by these two together and I LOVE IT! Admittedly I like the unfinished studio version more than the finished track but you be the judge. Let me know what you think.

Jennifer Lopez feat Pitbull - On The Floor (Finished, Single Version)
The above link takes you to Perez Hiltion’s post of this track. When I first posted it I didn’t realize that every time someone entered my blog they would have to listen to this song. (I’ve always found this to be annoying especially if you can’t turn it off quickly.) I just wanted you to have the option to listen is you like. Perez baby maybe you can change the setting on the embedding link? You always share some good stuff but it’s annoying when it auto plays. PLEASE think about it?



Jennifer Lopez feat Pitbull - On The Floor (NOT FINAL RELEASE)


As a Chubby Bear Missy Elliot was the first artist that made me feel comfortable with my BIG self through her music. A chubby girl herself, she told the world through her music to respect the PHAT: “I’ve got a cute face, chubby waist, thick legs in shape, rump shakin both wayz, make do a double take.” Seriously how can you not LOVE HER for that?!?!? For years now I’ve been looking forward to hearing something NEW from my girl Missy and she has delivered.

Missy Elliot & Timbalan - Take Ur Clothes Off


This UK import is a talented woman. Her whole first album “19” has been "chasing pavements" in my playlist since 2008 when I got my hands on it because I'm "not drunk enough" to give it up. Here is a peek from her new album “21”... Adele - Love Song (sorry didn't want to embed the video because it auto plays).


These last two are just some fun tracks I’m throwing in for fun. ENJOY!

Nicki Minaj feat Lil' Wayne - Roman's Revenge (Remix)



Kesha feat Andre 3000 - Get Sleazy

No comments: