Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Not Feeling So Hot for 1.11.11-11:11 (Part2...not #2)

Yesterday was a horrible day. After posting Monday’s entry I went off to bed, only to wake up a couple of hours later rushing to the bathroom. And that’s where I spent the rest of the time until I wrote yesterday’s entry, returning soon after to the thrown. I’m spearing details as you all know what this means… I had caught viral gastroenteritis (otherwise mistakenly known as stomach flu).

Little did I know I was part of the big trend of the day. It seems it was a popular there was an article about it in Bloomberg Businessweek. Or if you are a conspiracy theorist you just suspect they are in on it. Not only that I was hearing about all the people who had it including a few people in my office whom I had not seen since last week.

How does something like this get around so fast and to numerous people? I could not believe how many people had it. Then again when there is an outbreak of anything in the City, it spreads quickly. The important thing is to learn how to prevent the spread of illnesses. The best method to do so is to wash your hands correctly.  If you are out and about and have been coming into contact with shopping carts, store counters, restaurant tables, public transportation hand bars, and other public areas remember to wash your hands when you get home (or keep a hand sanitizer with you on the go; but remember it must have at least 60% ALCOHOL to be effective).

Hummm...does this count as a PSA?

No comments: