Monday, January 17, 2011

It Was Only BRUNCH…What Happened?!?! (continued)

This morning was fine. No hangover, pounding headaches, or toilet bowl worshiping session. The only major problem was that I felt like I woke up inside the movie "The Hangover” (which if you haven't watched yet you should; It's GREAT!). Spoke with TheBoys this morning and apparently they have as little recollection of the after 6pm hours as I do. This got me worried because the one thing that’s still haunting me is the image of that shirtless cutie from the bar named Rob (I think!) and how much of a fool did I act. Did I really just caressed his back like it was all good? I would like to send my sincerest apologies to shirtless guy for what ever I did. This whole situation is completely out of character for me.

The other thing that is still nagging me is this whole “monogamy” thing that Mr.Writer27 dropped on our conversation. It was something that stayed with me because while we were talking I found myself intrigued by him. Successful, handsome but extremely young for my taste, albeit more mature and grounded in level headedness than 43 year olds I’ve dated. Something about this kid was getting under my skin, talking with him just made me want to know him more. The way he would look me straight in the eyes almost exclusively while talking about things to us (The Boys & I); maybe this part was just in my head? Perhaps Mr. Writer27 was not engaging me instead I was engaging him and feeding my morning drunken delirium? After all he is closer to TheBoys' age and is friends with them; could he be interested in a ChubbyBear?

As one of TheBoys pointed out asking about Mr.Writer27, “Do you like him? He’s young for your taste. Isn't he? And he just said he’s not monogamous. Would you want to deal with that?” All this was what got me thinking about gay relationships and their dynamics. I know that gay men are getting married, adopting children and trying to live “normal” lives these days. But are we following old, traditional, “straight” rules of monogamy? Am I just not up to date with the times of "open relationships" and still just an old fashioned 36 year old fuddy duddy? It’s hard for me to really know at this point because I’ve been single for so long now and have only dated few guys in that time. Am I still single because I’m afraid to commit to the whole monogamy ideal? Or am I just so wrapped up in its non-insistence in my single life that I do not want it?

“All this will not be resolved in the first 100 days of this year. Nor will it be resolved in the next 1,000 days, nor even perhaps in my lifetime on this planet. But let us begin to figure it out.” I paraphrase but you get the point. Maybe I should try to speak with Mr.Writer27 and do some more investigative research into the situation. It’s quite possible that the whole connection with him was not all in my head and that he very well may be interested in a BigBear. Could this be the brewing of my real life BearCity like romance?

No comments: