Sunday, January 16, 2011

It Was Only BRUNCH…What Happened?!?!

This morning I was out to brunch with TheBoys on Lincoln Road and in true Miami style we started to have a few drinks. (It was after Noon when we started.) My inhibitions were lowered and we were talking about all kinds of topics. Soon enough we were talking up a storms. In came this cute guy into our chatty group and some how he drops the bomb that stayed with me the rest of the day. “I don’t believe in monogamy…” he said, and being that he’s in his late 20s that did not come as a surprise to me. By 3pm we were finished eating, drinking and ready to head to Ocean Drive for Art Deco weekend.

As we said bye to our new friend, I could not help and think to myself where I stand on this point. As we approached The Palace we noticed the Drag Show was on because the crowds were blocking the street in masses. So we decided to stop by for another drink which just made me more obsessed with the thought. We hung out there for a bit while we finished out drink. By this time my back was killing me pretty bad. We’d been going for about 6 hours non-stop now, dancing and walking and dancing some more. I decided to do something that on hindsight was not very smart and took my back pain medication. After 15 minutes my back was feeling much better and we decided to leave and head back to The Palace for a little while before heading home. But before we stopped at David’s Café for some cafecito to keep us going a little longer since it was 6pm already.

Five hours later I just know that… I met Rob, eat some Greek food and… not much more. I guess my back medication and drinks do not mix well. It’s close to midnight and I home in bed just thinking… “It was only BRUNCH…What Happened?!?!” Since tomorrow is MLK Day my friends have the day off, unfortunately I do not so I’m hoping this ends well without a hangover. Tomorrow more about this and the nagging question on monogamy that started it all.

Oh yeah! I wish I knew for sure Rob was the cute guy by the outside bar without his shirt on. Humm… remember him smiling at me when I touched his smooth back. Hopefully I was respectful and didn’t make a fool of myself. That guy has the best smile and is super cute. Off to dream about Rob now.

No comments: